*WARNING: CAMWHORING GALORE AHEAD!! Sorry girls lol*
Hi lovely ladies. If you have been following my posts, you'd already know that I'm doing a 'Valentines Day' makeup look series until Feb 14. Well today, I'd like to share with you another look - it's a sexy purple smokey eye, and since I've been using mostly higher end brands in my recent posts, I decided to only use inexpensive, very affordable but high quality drugstore products in this look. I gotta say, this is my favourite Vday look so far.. hence why the abundance of pics hehe... YEP, VAIN!! lol.. I adore purple eyeshadows as it suits my dark brown eyes the best, and makes my eyes pop (:
(Above pic: Sleek i-Divine palette in Storm. Sorry if it's dirty.. it's old! This palette is the best, great pigmentation and it's my go-to numero uno low end brand palette)
1. Elf eyelid primer - prime the eyes to make eyeshadows last longer and avoid creasing.
2. Nyx Jumbo pencil in Milk (oops, I forgot to put it in the photo.. oh well, it's looking old and run down anyways haha) - apply minimal amount on the lid and use fingers to blend out. This serves as a base to help keep the eyeshadows more vibrant on the lids.
3. Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette, matte nude shade (top row third from left) - using a fluffy brush, apply above the crease with a 'back and forth windshield wiper motion'.
4. L'oreal Infallible eyeshadows in Purple Obsession - dab it all over the lid using fingers. Grab the same fluffy brush used in Step 3 and blend out harsh lines and edges. Get a short shader brush and use it to line the lower lashline as well. Smudge it out to create that smokey look under the eye.
5. L'oreal Infallible eyeshadows in Burning Black - using a pencil brush, draw a line on the outer v and gently blend out the edges.
6. Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette, blue shimmery shade (bottom row, third on the right) - using a blending brush, lightly dip it on to the eyeshadow and apply to the outer corners extending the colour up to the crease and blend. Make sure to use a light hand and only add a little amount of eyeshadow at a time. Take time in blending!
7. Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette, matte black shade (bottom row, first one on the right) - using a clean pencil brush, apply to the outer half of the lid. Blend, blend and blend..!!
8. Wet n Wild icon single eyeshadow in Brulee - using a large flat shader brush, highlight brow bone and also working it down on to the crease to soften and eliminate any harsh edges.
9. Sleek i-Divine Storm Palette, shimmery champagne shade (top row, second on the left) - using the same flat shader brush, dip the tips of the brush on the eyeshadow and apply to the inner corners of the eye.
10. Revlon ColorStay under eye concealer in Medium - dab under the eyes and blend out to cover dark circles
11. Milani Liquif'eye eyeliner in Black - tightline, upper lids and waterline
12. Maybelline Line Stiletto liquid liner in Blackest black - upper lash line
13. Maybelline Falsies Mascara in Blackest black - applied two coats to top and bottom lashes
14. Ardell false lashes (not in photo)
Revlon Colorstay Brow Enhancer in Taupe
Garnier Miracle Skin Perfector BB cream in Medium
Revlon Colorstay Foundation in True Beige
Revlon Colorstay Blemish Corrector in Medium
Maybelline Mineral Power Powder in Sandy Beige
Milani Baked Blush in Luminoso
L'oreal Color Riche in Nude
Nyx Lip gloss in Whipped
(again, please ignore the lashes lol)
Really hope you girls like this and you can use it as an inspiration for your next look.